I have made this before I left the country for work, just didn't have time to post the baking journey. :) So, the cake tasted soft and spongy, love the texture, but just a bit too sweet for me. If you have a sweet tooth, you can use the amount of sugar below.
- 30g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 25ml water
- 100g ripen bananas (mashed)
- 75g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 50g sugar (Still tasted a bit sweet to me, will further reduce the sugar to 25g next time as I think the banana is quite sweet)
- 67ml coconut milk
|After 2 hours|
- Combine all ingredients in starter dough, mix well into a rough dough. Leave to ferment for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, combine sugar, baking powder, mashed bananas, coconut milk into the starter dough. Mix well.
- Add in flour and stir well.
- Fill in batter into a porcelain rice bowl till 3/4 full.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water for 25 minutes.
|All ingredients added except flour|
|After flour is added|
|After steaming for 25 minutes|