- 6 egg yolks
- 20g sugar
- 80g milk
- 46g corn oil
- 100g cake flour
- 20g corn flour
- 4 tbsps ground hazelnut
- 6 egg whites
- 60g sugar
- Line the bottom of an 8in round cake pan.
- Sift cake flour and corn flour together. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and 10g sugar until sugar is dissoved.
- Add in oil and milk and stir well.
- Add in flour mixture followed by ground hazelnut and mix well. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites with 30g sugar till soft peak forms.
- Take 1/3 of the egg whites and mix into the egg yoks batter, make sure it is well mixed.
- Take another 1/3 of egg whites and Fold into egg yolk batter slowly.
- Repeat till the egg whites are finished and pour the batter into the side of pan (to get a flat top) and make sure that batter is level.
- Bake at 180'C preheated oven for 35 minutes or till cook.
- Invert the pan immediately and let cool.
- 100g dark chocolate, with 70% cocoa mass
- 58g whipping cream (chilled)
- 174g whipping cream (chilled)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Some nuts (coarsely chopped) eg. pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- Melt the chocolate with the 58g whipping cream. Mix well and let it cool.
- Whip 174g whipping cream until you see traces of beater's mark on the cream.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture and vanilla and continue to beat a few more seconds till stiff peak.
- Cut the cake into 3 layers.
- Take 1 layer of the cake. Spread 1/4 of the cream on top of the cake.
- Take another cake layer and place it on top of the first layer.
- Spread another 1/4 of the cream on top of the cake. Repeat until finish. I didn't cover the side. So, you need to trim the side to make it look nice.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top of the cake.