I had some chocolate rice to be finished off and then I chanced upon the recipe here: Nasi Lemak Lover: Banana and Chocolate Rice Cupcakes. I had most of the ingredients and I thought, ok, I will try this. This recipe has a balance ratio of the amount of butter and eggs as all the eggs can be added without the batter curdling. And it is delicious! The chocolate rice on top add on the unexpected crunchiness on the outside while the texture inside is soft and fluffy. This is definitely will be on my to bake again list. ^_^
|Out of its muffin case.|
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 80g caster sugar (I used 65g only)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g self-rising flour
- 80g mashed banana
- 30g chocolate rice and some extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy, close to very pale yellow.
- Add egg yolks first, one at a time, and combine well.
- Then add in the egg whites slowly and combine well.
- Add in the flour and mashed banana, fold till well combine.
- Add in chocolate rice, mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.Sprinkle chocolate rice on top.
- Bake the muffin in the oven for 20-25 mins. Use a cake tester to test if they are fully cooked.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
|The texture inside. The lines on the cakes are caused by the cake tester.|