|All natural and no preservative fruit juice|
- 7 egg yolks
- 25g caster sugar for the egg yolk batter (I used fine granulated sugar - original recipe calls for 50g, so you may want to increase the sugar a bit as it is not too sweet)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 60ml mango juice
- 110g self raising flour
- 7 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 130 caster sugar for the egg white batter
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Combine egg yolks, sugar (25g), salt, cooking oil and mango juice in a mixing bowl. Fold in the flour until batter in form. I normally used a hand whisk and whisked it until well combined.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar until big bubbles appear. Add sugar (130g) gradually and beat at high speed until stiff peak form, real stiff peak where the tail of the beaten egg whites does not curl and points to 1 direction when the beater is being lifted.
- Pour batter into ungreased 22cm tube pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from oven, invert the cake immediately onto the wire rack and leave till completely cooled.
|Soft and fluffy...but not collapsing at the side...|