|Soft and moist....a keeper ^_^|
As I need to finish off some milk and I have most of the ingredients in my cabinets anyway, I gave this a try. The recipe is adapted from Anncoo Journal - Eggless Chocolate Cake. This will make about 15 pieces using 9.5cm egg tart mould.
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 75g sugar
- 200ml fresh milk
- 80g dark compound chocolate, chopped
- 80g salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 150g cake flour/plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Heat instant coffee powder, sugar and milk together until instant coffee powder and sugar dissolved.
- Add chocolate and butter. Cook until they melted. Remove from heat and leave it to cool.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder into another bowl.
- Then add vanilla extract and yoghurt into the bowl with liquid ingredients. Mix well with a hand whisk.
- Add sifted flour, baking soda and baking powder in 2 to 3 addition.
- Mix well with the hand whisk to form a smooth and thick batter. (This probably will take a few minutes but try not to overmix. Stop once a smooth batter is achieved.)
- Spoon into greased mould to 90% full. (It doesn't seem to rise too much on the side, I wanted the side of the mini cake to be taller. To ease the clean-up of the moulds, put in cupcake liner.)
- Bake at preheated oven 180 degrees C for about 35 mins or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 mins before taking the cake out to be cooled on a cooling rack.
I'm linking this post to Bake Along 3rd Anniversary, hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, Lena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids.