When I saw Nasi Lemak Lover - Nut Hugging Bear Cookies, I knew I have to make this. The look so adorable. Now I just need to find a bear shape cookie cutter. When I found the cookie cutters, it was in a set of 3 different sizes of the same bear shape. I didn't buy it as I don't think I'll use all the 3 cookie cutters. Then I found a cute bear cookie cutter at Daiso, it's a little small, but I think it should do the job just fine. And the cookies turned out really cute, just a little fragile, especially the hands. Maybe I need to make the base thicker or the hands thicker next round.
- 90g salted butter, room temperature.
- 40g icing sugar, sifted
- 15g egg yolk
- 165g cake flour
- Whole almonds, pre-baked at 180 degrees C for 3 to 5 minutes
- Cream butter and icing sugar till light and pale.
- Add in egg yolk and beat well to combine.
- Add in cake flour, mix well until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 3mm.
- Use a bear cookie cutter to cut the dough.
- Place the almond slanting at one side at the centre of the cut dough.
- Roll two small pieces of dough for about 1 cm long for the hands.
- Place the 2 hands to hug the almond.
- Bake in at pre-heated oven at 150 degree C (fan forced) for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove out from oven and let it completely cool.