|Happy Chinese New Year 2015!!!|
- 180g Peanut butter (creamy) (I used Lady's Choice, initially I wanted to pick up the chunky peanut butter type, as it didn't seem to contain sugar. Eventually I picked the creamy type.)
- 50g Peanut oil
- 85g Icing sugar (I reduce it to half as I didn't realize the creamy peanut butter actually contains sugar as I assume it should be the same as the chunky type. I was so duhh...haha.)
- 250g Plain flour (I reduce to 225g.)
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- Peanuts (halved)
Getting ready to get into the oven.
- Combine peanut butter and peanut oil, mix well with a hand whisk.
- Add in icing sugar, mix again with the hand whisk.
- Sift in flour and knead to soft dough.
- Scoop 1/2 tbsp of dough and form into a ball.
- Place onto a baking sheet. Place half peanut on top of the peanut ball. Slightly press the peanut down.
- Brush them with beaten egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 15 minutes. (I think need to try with 160 deg C next time as the cookies were soft and a bit fragile after 15 minutes with 150 deg C.)
I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
to the "Cook & Celebrate: CNY 2015" hosted by Yen of Eat your heart out, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Diana of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe.
Update Feb 2016
I followed the full recipe measurement after finding unsweetened peanut butter, not sure if it's because of the peanut butter, the dough is very crumbly. Perhaps the healthy type of peanut butter (oh hey, it's unsweetened) has lesser amount of oil. The taste turns out well but making each cookie is a pain as the dough keeps crumbling.