This is so pretty!!!
|Top 2 with mini Oreo and bottom one with regular Oreo|
- 100g salted butter
- 160g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g cake flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1tsp double action baking powder
- 60g dairy whipping cream
- 100g natural yogurt
- Mix dairy whipping cream and natural yogurt and set aside for 1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Place the baking paper in to the cupcake tins.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together
- Beat the butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolks first, beat until combine. There is no egg separation involved but add in the yolks first.
- Add in egg whites, beat until combine.
- Add yogurt and whipping cream mixture, beat to combine.
- Add in flour mixture, mix until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the tins to about 80% full. (Do not put too full, to avoid the batter overflowing.)
- Bake for 20 minutes or adjust according to the liners that you use, until the cake is spring when touch lightly.
- Let the cake cool completely before decorating them.
Decorating Oreo Owl cupcakes
- Oreo mini cookies (2 cookies per cupcake)
- Brown m&m’s (2 per cupcake), mini size
- Yellow m&m’s (1 per cupcake), mini size
- 200g dark chocolate (Cadbury baking chocolate)
- 25g whipping cream
- Melt 200g dark chocolate (Cadbury baking chocolate) and 25g whipping cream. Set the chocolate ganache aside to cool.
- Separate all of the Oreo cookies, using only the cookies that have the white frosting.
- Spread chocolate ganache on top of cupcake. Gently press each cookie on the cupcake to form an eye, making a pair for each cupcake.
- Stick one brown M&Ms candy on each cookie to form an eye, making a pair for each cupcake.
- Using a yellow M&Ms candy, gently press it below and in between the cookie eyes to form a beak. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Take some chocolate ganache, put on the top of cupcake and use a toothpick to decorate the hair.
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.