Now, this may taste too healthy for certain people....haha....but this is also for people who like oats and papaya. I usually like to eat my fruits raw, cooked fruits taste strange to me. So, try to find a papaya that's about to ripe where the flesh is still a bit hard. If not, the fruits will become very very soft and disintegrate after they are boiled. But then again, if you like soft boiled fruits, go ahead and use ripen papaya. There is no hard and fast rule, it's the matter of finding what suits your tastebud.
So, back to this soup, this recipe is adapted from Healthy Organic Recipes from BMS Organics.
Ingredients: (serve 2)
- 1/2 papaya (peeled and cut)
- 2 tbsp organic baby rolled oat - any baby rolled oat will do
- 2 tbsp organic soya milk powder (Low Sugar) - any soya milk will do
- 2 tbsp O'Kid oat milk powder - any oat milk will do
- 400ml water
- Agave nectar to taste - if you don't have this, just add sugar to your taste
- Mix the soya milk powder and oat milk powder with water. Bring to a boil.
- Add in baby rolled oat and boil till the oats are soft.
- Add in papaya. (You can continue boiling till the papaya is soft or off the heat and let the papaya steep for a while.)
- Set to cool and then refrigerate. Serve cold. (I take it hot simply because I like hot dessert.)