For this cookie, I am actually supposed to buy raw peanuts and roast them. But I bought ready-fried groundnuts (I cheated a bit, was pressed for time), which are slightly bigger than peanuts. I used margarine for this bake and found that it didn't smell as flavourful as the batch where I baked with butter. I think I will stick to butter next time as I am not really an advocate of margarine. Just that, certain people do not like the dairy smell/taste in the butter as even sometimes I myself found that dairy smell is too strong.
|Light and crumbly|
- 125g butter/margarine
- 75g castor sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 90g roasted groundnuts/peanuts, gounded
- 60g roasted groundnuts/peanuts, chopped
- Sift plain flour and baking powder.
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar till light and creamy.
- Stir in sifted ingredients and all the groundnuts/peanuts. Mix until just combined.
- Shape mixture into half moon and place on baking tray. Mark the centre of each cookie with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 15 minutes or until light golden in colour.
- Allow to cook on the trays for 1 minute before transferring them onto wire rack to cook completely. Once cool, store in airtight container.