Tuesday 7 February 2012

Half Moon Groundnut Cookie

For this cookie, I am actually supposed to buy raw peanuts and roast them. But I bought ready-fried groundnuts (I cheated a bit, was pressed for time), which are slightly bigger than peanuts. I used margarine for this bake and found that it didn't smell as flavourful as the batch where I baked with butter. I think I will stick to butter next time as I am not really an advocate of margarine. Just that, certain people do not like the dairy smell/taste in the butter as even sometimes I myself found that dairy smell is too strong.


Light and crumbly
Ingredients:
  • 125g butter/margarine
  • 75g castor sugar
  • 120g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 90g roasted groundnuts/peanuts, gounded
  • 60g roasted groundnuts/peanuts, chopped
Method:
  1. Sift plain flour and baking powder.
  2. Cream butter/margarine and sugar till light and creamy.
  3. Stir in sifted ingredients and all the groundnuts/peanuts. Mix until just combined.
  4. Shape mixture into half moon and place on baking tray. Mark the centre of each cookie with a fork.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 15 minutes or until light golden in colour.
  6. Allow to cook on the trays for 1 minute before transferring them onto wire rack to cook completely. Once cool, store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment