This is an easy and simple recipe and really fuss free (adapted from the The Sun newspaper by a writer called Oh Ing Yeen). If you like mung bean, do try this as the sago will add a chewy texture to the soup.
Ingredients: (The portion below is for 1 person, so you can double up the ingredients according to how many people you are making the dessert for.)
- 30g mung bean
- 30g sago
- 20g cane sugar
- 10g molasses sugar
- 1 pandan leave (tied in a knot)
- 300ml water
- Soak mung bean for a few hours and drain.
- Bring water to a boil. Pour in sago, cover and turn off the heat. Let the sago soak until soft.
- Cook mung bean in a pot and bring to a boil, and lower the flame.
- Add in sago and other ingredients.
- Continue boiling for 40 minutes or transfer to an insulation pot/slow cooker and leave it for an hour.