I can't seem to stop making this dessert. Tasted really refreshing and easy to make too. The original recipe here http://kuali.com/recipes/view.aspx?r=3880 actually calls for sugar but I omit it as it's already sweet enough for me. The combination of honey dates and liquorice is really nice.
Ingredients: (serve 3-4)
- 6 pieces fresh sea-coconut, skinned and sliced thickly (if you are using canned sea coconut, no need to slice)
- 12g hairs of ginseng roots
- 3 pieces liquorice
- 5 honey dates, rinsed
- 1.2 litres water
- Bring water, ginseng root and liquorice to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add honey dates and sea-coconut.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground.