Saturday 28 February 2015

Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies



This is surprisingly good. I have never thought that chocolate and oat can be a good combination too. I think I'll make this again, so I am writing it down. ^_^. I adapted this recipe from the Quaker website.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cup (2-1/2 sticks) salted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I omitted this for a less sweet version)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 3 cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) (I used instant, it worked out too, I think)
Methods:

  1. Heat oven to 190°C. 
  2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and creamy. 
  3. Add in egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
  4. Sift flour and baking soda. 
  5. Add in the sifted flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients. 
  6. Add in oats and mix well. 
  7. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Flatten the cookies slightly (as it doesn't seem to expand too much).
  8. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. (I like crisp cookies.) 
  9. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. 
  10. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Ready for the oven...
And done!!!

I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up February 2015 theme - CHOCOLATE organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY, hosted by Grace from Life can be simple 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,
    I made something similar to yours too. Indeed these cookies are addictive.
    Thank you very much for hosting with us. You have been a wonderful host and we appreciated it.
    Have a great weekend.
    mui

    ReplyDelete