Time really flies. Chinese New Year is almost over. Maybe I didn't really stop and enjoy the atmosphere this year as compared to last year. >_< Wish time could stop and let me go back and celebrate again. This year we didn't buy many big prawns. So, we used all of them to cook oatmeal prawns.
This recipe is adapted from Kuali - Oatmeal Prawns.
- 400g large prawns
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 5 dried chillies, cut into sections
- 3 tbsp butter
- 40g oats
- 3/4 cup cornflour (more or less)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Trim away the feelers and the veins of the prawns at the back. Pat dry completely then toss in cornflour.
- In a wok, heat enough oil until hot and deep-fry prawns until their colour changes and they are crisp. Dish out.
- Heat a clean wok and add half the butter. Once it melts, add oats and fry over low heat until golden and fragrant. Dish out and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to the wok. Put in dried chillies and curry leaves. Fry briskly until fragrant. Add seasoning and return prawns to the dish. Stir-fry briefly. Add oats to combine. Dish out and serve.