Saturday 21 January 2017

Butter Cookies with Almond



When I saw Nasi Lemak Lover - Nut Hugging Bear Cookies, I knew I have to make this. The look so adorable. Now I just need to find a bear shape cookie cutter. When I found the cookie cutters, it was in a set of 3 different sizes of the same bear shape. I didn't buy it as I don't think I'll use all the 3 cookie cutters. Then I found a cute bear cookie cutter at Daiso, it's a little small, but I think it should do the job just fine. And the cookies turned out really cute, just a little fragile, especially the hands. Maybe I need to make the base thicker or the hands thicker next round.

Ingredients:
  • 90g salted butter, room temperature.
  • 40g icing sugar, sifted
  • 15g egg yolk 
  • 165g cake flour
  • Whole almonds, pre-baked at 180 degrees C for 3 to 5 minutes
Methods:
  1. Cream butter and icing sugar till light and pale.
  2. Add in egg yolk and beat well to combine.
  3. Add in cake flour, mix well until a soft dough is formed.
  4. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 3mm.
  5. Use a bear cookie cutter to cut the dough.
  6. Place the almond slanting at one side at the centre of the cut dough. 
  7. Roll two small pieces of dough for about 1 cm long for the hands.  
  8. Place the 2 hands to hug the almond.
  9. Bake in at pre-heated oven at 150 degree C (fan forced) for 12 to 15 minutes. 
  10. Remove out from oven and let it completely cool. 





No comments:

Post a Comment