Monday 5 March 2012

Knitting Fondant Cup Cake


Well, the star in this post is not about the cup cake. It's about the fondant. The cup cake comes from a recipe adapted from a website which I find the results not so satisfactory. The chemical smell is a bit strong after baking. I am suspecting the amount of baking powder and baking soda used in the recipe. I substituted "milk" called in the recipe with soy milk, not sure if this could be the cause as the baking soda will need to be diluted in the milk. Or maybe it's the combination of the soy milk with the baking powder and baking soda. Or maybe the absence of vanilla extract. Hmm...I don't know. Maybe I should just change to dairy milk next time.

Apart from the smell, the taste is surprisingly good and they are very addictive, and it's like you can't stop eating them. I finished 2 cup cakes the moment the cakes are cool. And they tasted really good in the next few days. But still, I think I will not use this recipe again. So, no recipe for the cup cakes.

But here are the winter knitted scarves....(I know my photography skills suck and using an old camera, so the pictures are not very clear, plus my downlights' colour is warm white, so most photos here have a yellowish backgroud)

Big scarf

Smaller scarves...

And the remaining fondant used for roses...

Actually, I wanted to show how to make these, but the photos
didn't turn out great as I took the photos at night...

I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #16: Fun with Fondant! (February 2012) hosted by Yvonne of iceamericanos here: http://iceamericanos.blogspot.com/2012/02/aspiring-bakers-16-fondant-fun-february.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment