I found this on NESTUM website. The cereal paired with the butter smell is very fragrant. It seems that anything cooked or baked with the cereal is very fragrant such as Nestum Cereal Prawn. So, I make this again, for Chinese New Year!
It is also good for tea time too with a glass of milk or hot chocolate. But this can very addictive, you just can't stop eating! :D So I am keeping this recipe.
Source: NESTUM Rice Shortbread
- Sift flour, baking powder and rice flour into a bowl.
- Stir in NESTLÉ NESTUM Original and chocolate rice. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla essence and egg and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Take level teaspoons of dough and place the dough on lightly greased baking trays. (I usually don't grease my tray.)
- Press the dough down with a bottle cap.
- Bake in preheated 180°C oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown. (For my oven, I usually put a tray near the lowest rack and another tray near the highest rack and then half way through baking, I rotate the tray, so that they are evenly cooked and not too brown on either the top or the bottom surface.)